To prepare for our discussion about personal goals and behavior, please do the following…
- Listen the Harvard Business Review interview with author Gretchen Rubin and work through these questions:
- According to Gretchen Rubin (and perhaps further research you’ve done on the psychology of habits and willpower), what is so important about habits, especially when it comes to doing work we care about?
- In your own words, what are the Four Tendencies? Why do they matter?
- Which of the Four Tendencies do you think you are? Why? How might you been unknowingly using it to your advantage or disadvantage?
- Now take Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies Quiz and respond to these questions:
- Does it confirm your suspicions about which of the four you characterized yourself as? Do you agree with the results?
- Talk with a friend or family member about the results of the quiz. Do they agree with the results?