Towards the beginning of the course, we heard Hari Kondabolu doubts about the compatibility of capitalism and environmental sustainability. What do you think? Are they fundamentally at odds or is it possible to have a truly green economy?
Take a listen to these Harvard Business Review interviews with
- Whole Foods CEO John Mackey,
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz
- and The Nature Conservancy CEO Mark Tercek.
Try to answer the following questions.
- Based on what you heard (and any informational research you care to do), what is conscious capitalism?
- What’s an example of a conscious corporation you’ve purchased from or heard about?
- Do you think conscious capitalism is an effective way to move towards environmental sustainability?